We are looking for a talented and energetic individual to join our team and start making an impact right away. In this position you will be responsible for overseeing our corporate books, including capital market accounts, highly structured public and private deals, real estate deals, and all other accounting tasks.
- Manage the daily, monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures, including creation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for more complex areas of accounting, including deal flow and business transactions.
- Oversee relationships with outsourced service providers.
- Work with business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain balances and monthly budget.
- Prepare annual taxes for the firm and investors.
- Support the external audit of the company’s financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements.
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, with at least 2 years of experience in a big accounting firm.
- Working in a buy side firm or investment bank.
- In depth knowledge of GAAP, specifically, strong experience with publicly and privately traded securities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word.)
- Strong experience in QuickBooks.
- Must have the ability to proactively and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Must be able to pro-actively manage time and follow through to complete tasks.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or related field.
Good to have
- Competitive salary and performance based bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible vacation/personal/sick days off.