We are looking for a talented and energetic individual to join our team who can do complex accounting in their sleep. In this position you will be working with the rest of the accounting team and be responsible for overseeing our corporate books, which include structured public and private deals, real estate, venture capital, join ventures, credit lines, trading and investment products, and other complex entries. The ideal candidate will not be afraid to dive in, learn, and understand the nature of the business, and start contributing to the success of the firm on day one.
- Manage the daily, monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures, including creation of journal entries and accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for more complex areas of accounting, including deal flow and business transactions.
- Assess books for completeness and accuracy.
- Regularly interface with outsourced service vendors (auditors, external accounting firms, prime brokers, investment managers, portfolio companies, and others).
- Work with team and management to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain balances and monthly budget.
- Prepare monthly statements and annual taxes for the firm, investors, joint venture partners, and subsidiaries.
- Support the external audit of the company’s financial statements.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement and implement process improvements.
- Help establish and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work with management to structure investments and optimize after tax returns
Requirements (At Minimum)
- 5 years of accounting experience, with at least 2 years of experience in a big accounting firm managing hedge funds and similar clients.
- Strong knowledge of the IRS tax code.
- Strong understanding and practical experience (or working in a team) filing tax returns for institutional investors.
- Ability to continuously keep up with the tax code changes and understand the intricacies of accounting rules, especially how they fit with securities investing.
- Ability to prepare monthly financial metrics and statements.
- Ability to work with external auditor to complete financial audits time.
- In depth knowledge of GAAP, specifically strong experience with publicly and privately traded securities, equity, debt, and level 3 investments.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Strong experience in QuickBooks or comparable software.
- Must have the ability to proactively and creatively approach problem solving in order to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
- Must be able to pro-actively manage time and follow through to complete tasks.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Flexible vacation/personal/sick days off.
- Flexibility to partially work remotely.
About the Firm
Dominion Capital is an investment advisory firm based in New York City, with affiliate offices in Boston, Westport, and Miami. We invest in good people and understand that our talent creates our success. Over the last decade our investment areas included Public Capital Markets, Venture Capital, Real Estate, and Blockchain. The Dominion family includes veterans and experts from technology, cyber security, investment banking, proprietary trading, equities and bond trading, legal, compliance, private and public corporate governance, and the U.S. Marines.
Full Stack Software Developer
In this position you will be responsible for many aspects of application development, deployment and release management. You will be working on a variety of existing and new products, including proprietary asset management software, trading systems, and more. You will also be able to influence technology stack, architectural decisions and make process improvements.
A talented individual with at least 8 years of experience, who thrives on “diving into problems” and “figuring things out,” capable of communicating their thoughts and loving programming will make a great fit in our tight knit team.
- Working with senior management and business stakeholders to define project requirements
- Coding, documenting and testing new and existing modules
- Creating new applications and services to meet ever changing business needs
- Deployment and automation scripts, monitoring tools
- Familiarity with Linux environment (Git, Docker, shell scripting)
- Expertise in software architecture, programming, databases, testing and SDLC
- Knowledge of/Ability to quickly learn programming languages (Ruby, C#, Python) and frameworks/platforms (RoR, ASP.NET, Bootstrap, WordPress)
- Self discipline, organization and problem solving
- Project ownership and leadership
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering field or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in full-stack development
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
About the Firm
Dominion Capital is an investment advisory firm based in Midtown Manhattan, with affiliate offices in Boston, Connecticut and Miami. We invest in good people and understand that our talent creates our success. Our investment areas include Public Capital Markets, Venture Capital, and Real Estate. The Dominion family includes veterans and experts from technology, marketing, security, investment banking, proprietary trading, equities and bond trading, legal, compliance, private and public corporate governance, and the U.S. Marines.